guix-devel

Re: Guix website

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: Guix website
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2016 07:49:03 +0100

On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 12:42:44PM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote:
> After the last exchange on help-guix, I think you are right. We really
> need to do more to explain what Guix can do.
>
> Hackability and dependability only go together because of the
> architecture of the system. As for liberating, I think of the ideas of
> negative and positive liberty. Positive liberty in this case ==
> hackability.
>
> Some of the video-recorded presentations have been a very nice
> introduction. Perhaps we could embed one on the home-page. If we do
> that, I could help transcribe it, with the slides embedded, to increase
> accessibility.

How about creating two websites. One for hackers, one for users?

We really should cater for both, and they are quite different in their
outlook :) One landing point for users will be

  https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds

and we are at 100% (unlike Debian). A targetted website begets users.
Interested users beget people wanting to contribute... Contributors
beget talent...

In my world Debian is becoming obsolete... We should inform others.
The more people join the earlier I can ditch Debian completely. I hope
that happens this year.

Pj.