guix-devel

FOSDEM talks!

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: FOSDEM talks!
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 17:49:26 +0100

Hello!

I know of at least 3–4 Guix coming to FOSDEM.  Of course we’ll be
meeting in the Guile devroom, but there are other devrooms where we
could do more outreaching¹:

  • distributions
    https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2015-November/002297.html

  • containers
    https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2015-November/002294.html

  • configuration management
    https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2015-October/002201.html

  • security (on reproducible builds)
    https://github.com/security-devroom/fosdem-2016

  • HPC (see RepPar paper)
    https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2015-November/002290.html

  • Python (Guix-Tox)
    http://python-fosdem.org/

Most of the deadlines are end of this week, so let’s coordinate!  Please
send an email or stop by on #guix.  I’ll probably submit a proposal to
the distro room, and Ricardo (hi! :-)) will undoubtedly be pleased to
send one to the HPC room.

In general I think we should not be shy on submitting proposals.

Thanks in advance!  :-D

Ludo’.

¹ https://fosdem.org/2016/news/2015-10-22-accepted-devrooms/