guix-devel

Re: Adding build status to the package list table

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Adding build status to the package list table
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 15:18:27 +0100

Roel Janssen <address@hidden> skribis:

> The list of packages included in Guix [1] provides links to the build
> status of each package in the details.  I would like to provide this
> information in a column after "Package details", either as an icon or as
> a count (e.g. 3/4 builds succeeded).  This provides a nicer overview for
> the current status of the package.

That’s appealing.  However, it entails NUM-ARCHES × NUM-PACKAGES HTTP
requests, just when loading the page.  That seems unreasonable.

What about instead showing icons just in the expanded view, and making
the requests lazily, when the user asks for the expanded view?

The top of the page could still show the success rate maybe (it’s
possible to get that in a single HTTP request, IIRC.)

I agree with Mark et al. that showing one icon per architecture in the
expanded view would be nice.

Thanks,
Ludo’.