guix-devel

Re: 'core-updates': should we mention Graphviz in "Requirements"?

From: 白い熊@相撲道
Subject: Re: 'core-updates': should we mention Graphviz in "Requirements"?
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 15:47:34 +0200

On 2015-08-27 13:28, address@hidden wrote:
白い熊@相撲道 <address@hidden> skribis:

ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
ERROR: unsupported manifest format #<procedure %manifest-procedure
(entries)>

It seems you’ve been somehow mixing versions, and this error was
produced by a Guix version older than the one use to upgrade your
profile, hence the error (and it’s a Guix version older than 0.8.3.)

Please make sure to use the latest Guix, and you should be fine.

I thought I would not be able to install graphviz from the git pull as I ran 'make clean' when it wouldn't build, but alas the git guix still installed it, and now the git build is running.

How will I purge the older versions BTW? 'guix gc' doesn't seem to do it and this issue - the old version being used - must be due to the fact that originally I install GuixSD 0.8.0 but then have been working with the git version ever since.
--
白い熊@相撲道