guix-devel

Re: hydra python2-numpy-1.9.1 failure

From: Federico Beffa
Subject: Re: hydra python2-numpy-1.9.1 failure
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 22:19:52 +0100

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 7:33 PM, Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> wrote:
> It's not uncommon for some tests to fail occasionally in certain
> packages.  Reasons I've seen include: timeouts set too short, race
> conditions, randomized tests that fail for some values, and dependencies
> on the kernel version and/or configuration.  We've had to debug these
> problems on a case-by-case basis.  Sometimes we've disabled the
> unreliable tests, or even disabled the entire test suite.

Thanks for the input! It looks like on hydra the failure is
reproducible. I would therefore tend to discard randomized tests. Do
you happen to know the timeout for tests? The test fails after
17seconds which is not very long.

Now that you mention race conditions, I remember having a hard time
with parallel builds in ATLAS; and numpy makes use of it. I may try
adding '#:parallel-tests? #f'.

Thanks,
Fede