guix-devel

Re: make polkit work

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: make polkit work
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 15:31:53 +0100

宋文武 <address@hidden> skribis:

> IIUC, our `polkit' can't see actions/rules from other packages.
> In NixOS[0], the hardcoded "${out}/share/polkit-1" is overwrited to
> "/var/run/current-system/sw/share/polkit-1", provided by system
> packages.
> Instead of take a similar path,
> can we make "a proper patch which will be accepted upstream"?

Yes, I think it would best to have it honor $POLKIT_RULES_PATH and
$POLKIT_ACTIONS_PATH.  Apparently this would have to be done in
src/polkitbackend/polkitbackendjsauthority.c and
src/polkitbackend/polkitbackendinteractiveauthority.c.

Could you try to do this?

Once we have this patch, we can start using it, and submit it upstream
for inclusion.

> The goal: (polkit-service (list udisks))

Yes, that sounds like the right approach.

Thanks for looking into this!

Ludo’.