guix-devel

Re: PXE boot.

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: PXE boot.
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 10:25:06 +0100

Omar Radwan <address@hidden> skribis:

> I want to try out Guix 0.8 on one of my devices. The problem is that it's
> very old and doesn't support booting from USB's. So I was wondering if I
> could PXE boot. Is that possible with Guix?

I don’t think so.

> Or is there any other way?

If that device already runs GNU/Linux, you could install Guix on top of
it, as per
<http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Installation.html>.

Then, if you want to boot the complete system, you can even run
something like:

  guix system init my-config.scm /

This will have the same effect as the installation from USB, except that
the existing root file system will not be completely wiped.  See
<http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Invoking-guix-system.html>.

Thanks,
Ludo’.