guix-devel

Re: Acl

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Acl
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 22:38:01 +0100

On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 09:38:32PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Commit 16755848 added ‘install-lib’ (before that libacl.so was not
> installed)

Ah, nothing stops the progress!

Just to make sure that I understand things correctly: Can we drop the
'patch-makefile-SHELL phase? There is no occurrence of the string "SHELL"
in include/buildmacros for the current version.

> Anyway, this is depended on by Coreutils, so changes should go to
> core-updates.

Okay. Should we open the branch?

> In the meantime, you can always add a fixed version of ACL for use in
> KDE (you could even add a ‘replacement’ field pointing to it in ‘acl’
> itself, although that doesn’t seem like a very good use case.)

Well, acl is optional, so there is no hurry.

Andreas