[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
02/02: website: fosdem-2020: Nitpick.
02/02: website: fosdem-2020: Nitpick.
Fri, 10 Jan 2020 08:28:46 -0500 (EST)
civodul pushed a commit to branch master
in repository guix-artwork.
Author: Ludovic CourtĂ¨s <address@hidden>
AuthorDate: Fri Jan 10 14:26:56 2020 +0100
website: fosdem-2020: Nitpick.
* website/posts/meet-guix-at-fosdem-2020.md: Add links, improve wording,
add Efraim's Rust talk.
website/posts/meet-guix-at-fosdem-2020.md | 53 +++++++++++++++++++------------
1 file changed, 32 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)
diff --git a/website/posts/meet-guix-at-fosdem-2020.md
index 932ef04..42bdebe 100644
@@ -5,31 +5,41 @@ author: Manolis Ragkousis
tags: FOSDEM, Guix Days, Talks, Community
-As usual, GNU Guix will be present at [FOSDEM](https://fosdem.org/2020/)
-in the coming days with a couple of talks:
+As usual, GNUÂ Guix will be present at [FOSDEM](https://fosdem.org/2020/)
+on February 1st and 2nd. This year, weâ€™re happy to say that there will
+be quite a few talks about Guix and related projects!
- - Saturday afternoon, [*Guix: Unifying provisioning, deployment, and
+ - On Saturday afternoon, [*Guix: Unifying provisioning, deployment, and
package management in the age of
containers*](https://fosdem.org/2020/schedule/event/guix/) by Ludovic
- in the Containers and Security devroom, will reflect on what GNU Guix
+ in the [main track on containers and
+ will reflect on what GNUÂ Guix
has to offer to users and how it compares to other approachesâ€”from
CONDA and pip to Flatpak and Docker.
- - Sunday morning starts with [*GNU Guix as an alternative to the
- Yocto*](https://fosdem.org/2020/schedule/event/ggaaattyp/) Project by
- Mathieu in the Distributions devroom will demonstrate how to use GNU
- Guix to build a root filesystem for an embedded device.
- - Later on in the HPC, Big Data, and Data Science devroom Ludovic will
+ - Sunday morning starts with Efraim talking in the Rust devroom about
+ [*Packaging Rust programs in
+ Rust programmers about the needs of a distro like Guix, and about the
+ journey building infrastructure for Rust packages in Guix.
+ - Next up is [*GNU Guix as an alternative to the
+ Yocto Project*](https://fosdem.org/2020/schedule/event/ggaaattyp/) by
+ Mathieu in the Distributions devroom will demonstrate how to use
+ GNUÂ Guix to build a root filesystem for an embedded device.
+ - Later on in the HPC, Big Data, and Data Science devroom, Ludovic will
present [*Towards reproducible Jupyter
- which will talk about Guix-Jupyter, which aims to make Jupyter
+ which will talk about
+ which aims to make Jupyter
notebook self-contained and to support reproducible deployment.
- - On the same devroom Efraim will present [*Sharing Reproducible Results
+ - In the same devroom, Efraim will present [*Sharing Reproducible Results
about how Guix solves the issue of reproducibility and deployment of
- Finally in the Minimalistic, Experimental and Emerging Languages
- devroom janneke with [*GNU Mes, Scheme-only bootstrap and
+ devroom, janneke with [*GNU Mes, Scheme-only bootstrap and
beyond*](https://fosdem.org/2020/schedule/event/gnumes/) will report
on three years of hard work tackling one of the most pressing
security issues of operating systemsâ€”the â€śtrusting trustâ€ť attack.
@@ -38,17 +48,19 @@ in the coming days with a couple of talks:
- Pierre will present [*Universal package & service discovery with
on how he intends to leverage the Guile programming language to boost
- searchability of packages and services via intuitive user interfaces
+ searchability of packages and services _via_ intuitive user interfaces
- Pjotr will talk about why minimalism matters in computing with [*Lisp
- - Andy will discuss the latest changes in Guile and go over the ways
- that Guile got faster, more capable, and more minimal at the same
- time with [*Celebrating Guile
+ - Andy will discuss all the work that has gone into the upcoming
+ [GuileÂ 3](https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/news)â€”which will soon
+ power Guixâ€”making it a faster implementation, with [*Celebrating
+ Guile 2020*](https://fosdem.org/2020/schedule/event/guile2020/).
- Last Chris Marusich will give an [*Introduction to
- the magic behind them and how to use them in Guix.
+ the magic behind
+ and how to use them in Guix.
The [Minimalistic, Experimental and Emerging Languages
@@ -57,8 +69,7 @@ will also feature talks about about
[Nim](https://nim-lang.org/) that you should not miss under any
+![Guix Days logo.](https://guix.gnu.org/static/blog/img/Guix-Days-2020.png)
For the third time, we are also organizing the Guix Days as a [FOSDEM
fringe event](https://fosdem.org/2020/fringe/), a two-day Guix workshop
@@ -80,7 +91,7 @@ registration and practical info. Hope to see you in Brussels!
#### About GNU Guix
-[GNU Guix](https://www.gnu.org/software/guix) is a transactional package
+[GNUÂ Guix](https://guix.gnu.org) is a transactional package
manager and an advanced distribution of the GNU system that [respects