Re: GPT-4 knows Guile! :)

From: tomas
Subject: Re: GPT-4 knows Guile! :)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 09:00:41 +0100

On Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 12:18:31AM +0100, Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:

> <tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:
>
> > which has tried to be free (in both senses). For images, there is
> > Stable Diffusion (disclaimer:I don't know much about them). For
> > raw data, there's Common Crawl [3], which is Stable Diffusion's
>
> Stable diffusion has one of the most evil licenses I’ve read till now:
> using its images seems to be allowed for almost all proprietary uses,
> but illegal for free culture use. See the explicit questions about that
> here: https://github.com/CompVis/stable-diffusion/issues/131

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for reading the small print for
me.

[...]

> No answer from the developers.

No wonder. I think this is a questio for the VCs and their lawyers.
Seems like a distopia set up to maximise the "value" of the shed
for the day some Big One feels compelled to buy them -- the well
known pattern seen with WhatsApp, Github and all of those.

Sad.

Cheers