Re: GPT-4 knows Guile! :)

From: James Crake-Merani
Subject: Re: GPT-4 knows Guile! :)
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 10:52:52 +0000

On 18/03/2023 08:29, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

My take is that such potentially society-shattering technologies
don't belong in the hands of corporations which have no choice
but to maximize their return on investment. But perhaps that's me.

Yes, I find it concerning that this technology is owned by OpenAI which is a for profit company. Because, as you say, for profit companies are not necessarily interested in the societal benefits that new technology brings along but rather the profits that can be made off this technology.