Re: [ANN] Guile Homebrew Tap

From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
Subject: Re: [ANN] Guile Homebrew Tap
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 15:53:04 -0700

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 2:18 PM Alex Sassmannshausen <
alex.sassmannshausen@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2020-05-29 at 18:56 +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> > Alex Sassmannshausen <alex.sassmannshausen@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > > Aside from this do you know if Guix is supported on MacOS?
> >
> > Guix cannot be used on macos (outside of virualization).  That’s
> > because
> > we have neither a free toolchain, nor an active port of glibc for
> > their
> > kernel.
>
> That is very useful to know, cheers for that Ricardo.
>
> It seems to me that adding support for Brew in Hall then might be a
> good idea if we want to spread use of Guile.

That would be nice.

What would be even more helpful is that Hall knew how to build, test and
install a project by only using the `hall-description`. For the scheme-only
projects people wouldn't even need to do anything with autotools. Is that
on the roadmap?

Aleix