Re: Normal distribution random numbers

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: Normal distribution random numbers
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 17:03:30 +0200

Hi Zelphir,

random:normal actually uses the Box-Muller-transform. But since it uses 64
bits, we only loose values that would be generated once in 2*10^20. That
is, if we could draw one billion numbers per second, such values would be
drawn once in 7000 years. So, we would start noticing an anomaly after
maybe 100000 years or so.

But maybe we should replace this with some more correct and efficient
algorithm at some point.

Best regards,
Mikael