Re: Any suggestions for a project?

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: Any suggestions for a project?
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 21:51:09 +0000

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 8:17 PM Daniele <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,

Welcome!

> I need to make my bachelor thesis in CS and was looking for
> ideas for a project to do in Scheme. Do you have any suggestions? Is
> there something that needs to be done in Guile? I'm actually not very
> experience and I am learning Scheme right now so it shouldn't be
> something too difficult.

a) Based on my previous work on azul.scm
<https://github.com/a-guile-mind/azul.scm> a terminal text editor, you can
extend it (or rewrite it) to support emacs-like bindings, multiple buffers,
dynamic major modes, and dynamic buffers ie. buffer à la emacs that have
buttons/hyperlinks.

b) You can try to make a indie blog see https://indieweb.org/

c) You can try to make a planet clone see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_(software)

d) you can try to translate natural language to database queries for
instance
using wikidata or conceptnet maybe with the help of this
<https://stackoverflow.com/a/32670572/140837> and link grammar
<https://github.com/opencog/link-grammar>

e) This is more like algorithm heavy stuff, port this GEM
<https://github.com/palash1992/GEM> to Guile