Re: I'm looking for a method of converting a string's character encoding

From: Sunjoong Lee
Subject: Re: I'm looking for a method of converting a string's character encoding
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 14:14:29 +0900

Hi, Daniel;

2012/4/28 Daniel Hartwig <address@hidden>
Can you provide us with a couple of sites where http-get or
decode-string does not work properly?  Or was something else at play
here?  This would help to investigate what the issue is.  (I am lazy
today to find some, I think you must know of a few :-)

To cut a long story short, http-get is innocent; I had misunderstood it, sorry.

I had summarized some issues of http-get in the post, http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-user/2012-05/msg00005.html . With "Example 1 - working", my problem was resolved mostly. "Example 3 - not working" is an unsolved issue but is not an encoding problem; I think it may be a design issue of declare-uri-header! or string->uri.

Thank you for comments.