Re: crash in guile-sqlite3

From: Sunjoong Lee
Subject: Re: crash in guile-sqlite3
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 04:37:41 +0900

Hi, Daniel and Joonas;

2012/5/1 Daniel Krueger <address@hidden
(make-pointer (bit-extract (lognot 0) 0 (* 8 (sizeof '*))))

Good and thank you. I made a new patch based on that.

> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Joonas Sarajärvi <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Replying to myself, I now noticed that the change will not work in a
>> 64-bit computer. My impression is that this is due to the fact that
>> the 5th parameter taken by sqlite3_bind_text function is really a
>> pointer and not an int. On amd64 computers, int are 4 bytes wide while
>> pointers are 8 bytes.

Sorry for my introducing a new bug. In the most platform, pointers are 8 byte unsigned integer. I had thought you would forget making a merge request on gitorious and made a new patch.

Joonas, test my new one on your 64-bit computer and/or make a merge request of yours unless it work.