Re: srfi-34 and raise

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: srfi-34 and raise
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 22:09:19 +0200

On Fri 04 Jun 2010 10:48, Tristan Colgate <address@hidden> writes:

>   Using srfi-34 causes a warning indicating that it overrides core
> binding "raise". It doesn't
> cause any problems but is a bit irritating. What is the correct way to
> silence this warning.

Part of me wants to say that you should rename the binding or something,
but given that `raise' is in core that's difficult to do without making
a pure module, then using guile-user #:except raise. See also "Creating
Guile Modules" in the manual, around the duplicates handlers bit.

As it is I'm changing srfi-34 in git to use #:replace instead of
#:export, so as to be more DWIM-y. It's always an option for a user in
their module to do #:duplicates (check), after all...

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/