Re: argz SMOB

From: Brian S McQueen
Subject: Re: argz SMOB
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 08:08:03 -0800 (PST)

The db libraries are a fact I must live with here.  But I made the SMOB
interface, and started fiddling with it and noticed that, since NULL is
allowed in a scheme string, that the entire argz thing can be viewed as a
single string, and the guile string interface can be used.  I will try it
today.

BTW - GNU C's argz and envz are quite simple to use.  You can do bust up a
query string into a hash like structure with near perl like ease.  There
is no memory allocation.  Another very cool feature of GNU C is the
obstack.

I will post again when I test out the SCM string to C argz.

Brian