R5RS compliance test

From: Arno Peters
Subject: R5RS compliance test
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:17:36 +0100

On comp.lang.scheme, Scott Miller published a R5RS compliance test.
The source is here:

  http://sisc.sf.net/r5rs_pitfall.scm

The results from other Scheme implementations:

  http://sisc.sf.net/r5rspitresults.html

Modifications for Guile:

For obvious reasons, I needed to add

  (use-modules (ice-9 syncase))

to the top of r5rs_pitfall.scm

The results for Guile:

I ran the test with Guile1.4 in Debian (unstable).  The first run gave
the following resuls:

  $ guile -s r5rs_pitfall.scm
  Failure: 1.1, expected '0', got '1'.
  Passed: 1.2
  Passed: 1.3
  ERROR: In expression ((quote 0) (c13 #)):
  ERROR: Wrong type to apply: 0

After commenting out test 2.1, I got the following results:

  $ guile -s r5rs_pitfall.scm
  Failure: 1.1, expected '0', got '1'.
  Passed: 1.2
  Passed: 1.3
  Passed: 3.1
  Passed: 3.2
  Passed: 4.1
  Passed: 4.2
  Passed: 5.1
  Passed: 5.2
  Passed: 5.3
  Passed: 6.1
  Passed: 7.1
  Passed: 7.2
  Passed: 7.3
  Passed: 7.4
  Map is not call/cc safe, but probably tail recursive and efficient.

There are two failures: tests 1.1 and 2.1.

I ran the test also with the CVS HEAD branch (1.7.0), again I had to
comment out test 2.1.  The test results are identical to guile 1.4

Greetings,
--
Arno Peters