Re: Guile and MS-Windows on Major Govt. Project...

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Guile and MS-Windows on Major Govt. Project...
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:11:53 +0200

David Lane writes:

> ... I have gotten Guile 1.5.6 to build under Cygwin.

That's great.

> The end result is a DLL version (guile.exe is about 4K); presumably it's
> simpler to get it all statically built.

There were quite some issues building it statically, because the Guile
config and build process seems to be ill prepared for cross
compilation; it tries to run cross-compiled binaries.  Anyone working
on that, btw, or would you take a patch?

> I have a unified diff but it's about 3MB since it includes the files that
> get created by auto* (Makefile, Makefile.in, configure, etc).

I'm rather interested in that, would you send me your full patch?

Greetings,
Jan.

Btw:
  It should be real easy to exclude the autogenerated stuff, just
  do something like

     diff -purN --exclude=Makefile.in --exclude=configure ../guile.orig/ .

  and of course a 'make realclean' first in both directories.  Once
  you get it down to a reasonable size, you can post your stripped
  patch here too, if you like.