Re: language translator help

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: language translator help
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 17:42:21 -0700

   From: MJ Ray <address@hidden>
   Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 23:25:22 GMT

   Perhaps because you show little inclination to disclose details of your own.

well i've been told i spew both too much and too little.  tough crowd!

   - How did you agree 1.4.2 with other developers, especially mvo?

in the previous message you'll note i called into question the value of
agreement w/ someone who is not interested (who outright abandoned 1.4
to be precise).  can you explain why agreement in such a circumstance is
important to you?

   - How did you inform them of your plans for the 1.4.x line?
   - How did you inform them of the problems you find with 1.6?
   - What alternatives have been offered to the 1.6 problem changes (by
   anyone)?  If none, have you tried to encourage development of alternatives
   and what has resulted from that?

   [Of course, archive refs for any of the above would rock.]

why do you ask me to do this research for you?  i have other things to
learn today (e.g., studying Dirk Herrmann's threads internal interface
separation to take it to its logical conclusion (load a libguileqthreads
at runtime)) besides how ineffectively verbose i've been.

   If you care about Guile (and you seem to), helping to cause fixes for
   any problems with 1.6 is particularly important.

when you say "particularly" it implies "as opposed to alternatives" and
thus some prioritization scheme comes into play.  in your estimate what
would make something particularly UNimportant to work on?  could you
describe your personal prioritization scheme (as it relates to guile /
in general)?

   Write more things using it.

guile lovers use guile...

   I need to look at guile-www more, particularly, to see what things
   from my libraries can be added sensibly to it.

people have asked for ssl support.

   [ROADMAP feedback]

   My opinion only, but you did ask.

yes, opinions are easy to share w/ others (less so code, less so
process, less so power).  i'm glad to see you recognizing them as such.

thi