guile-sources

Useful Sites # 70 about Austria, Government Contracts, Wild Weather and

From: FITA's Really Useful Sites
Subject: Useful Sites # 70 about Austria, Government Contracts, Wild Weather and Travel
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:49:56 -0400 (EDT)

To view this newsletter in full-color:
http://www.fita.org/useful/useful.html

Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals Issue 70 Volume 3
Number 22
October 22, 2003
Issue 70
VOLUME 3 Number 22

 IN THIS ISSUE
OUR FEATURED COUNTRY SITE -- AUSTRIA
BIDLINE
WILD WEATHER
TYZO

Hello, John McDonnell here, with your latest issue of Really Useful Sites for
International Trade Professionals. If you're interested in finding a ready
market in the center of Europe, check out our featured site about Austria. Next
-- want to do business with a government? I have a site that will help you find
government contracts to bid on. If you're looking for a long- range forecast or
a short summary of today's weather, you can find both at a site I profile
below. Finally, I have a site that will help you plan a successful and
economical trip, no matter where you're going.
If you'd like more information about international trade, go to FITA's
International Trade/ Import-Export Portal <http://fita.org> ( http://fita.org
), an excellent source for trade leads, news, events, and a link library of
7,000 sites related to international trade.

OUR FEATURED COUNTRY SITE -- AUSTRIA
http://www.austria.org/business.htm

Based on recent news coverage, you'd think the most notable thing about Austria
was that it produced a bodybuilder-turned-movie star who just got elected
governor of California. Austria has more to offer the world than Arnold
Schwarzenegger, however. This historic country at the crossroads of Central
Europe exported US $70 billion in 2001, while it imported US $ 74 billion (in
contrast, California exported $92 billion to the world in 2002 and imported
much more!). As a member of the European Union, it's a country with many
opportunities for trade. If you'd like to investigate them, here's a great
place to start: the Austria Press & Information Service
<http://www.austria.org/business.htm> ( http://www.austria.org/business.htm )
has a site packed full of information that's helpful to businesspeople. There
are links to news sources, travel tips, trade leads, economic statistics,
history, political background, cultural information, and lots more. For
specific trade information, point your mouse at "Austria in the U.S." at the
top right of the page, then click on "Trade Commissions". This will lead you to
the Austrian Trade Commission <http://www.austriantradeus.org/> (
http://www.austriantradeus.org/ ) site, which has tons of useful information
that will help you establish trade ties with Austria.
There are some excellent guides to doing business with Austria in the FITA
Global Trade Bookstore <http://www.fita.org/marketplace/books.php>. The Global
Road Warrior for Austria
<http://www.fita.org/marketplace/product.php?asin=B00008K3NZ> is packed with
key data necessary for daily survival while on the business road in Austria.
And the Country Commercial Guide: Austria
<http://www.fita.org/marketplace/product.php?asin=0894990381> is full of
information about the Austrian market.
There are many more links to Austria at the FITA site. Go to the FITA
International Trade Web Resources <http://fita.org/webindex/index.html>
(http://fita.org/webindex), click on Regional Resources and Multi-Lateral
Trading Areas in the left column, then scroll down to Europe and click on
Austria in the drop-down box. Or simply type "Austria" in the search box at
http://www.fita.org <http://fita.org/>.

BIDLINE
http://www.bidline.com/

The U.S. government is the largest purchaser of goods and services in the
world. It is a $235 billion marketplace, buying everything from food and
clothing, construction and IT services to airplanes and space shuttles. Other
governments may not be at that spending level, but they are no slouches when it
comes to buying goods and services. That's why smart businesspeople the world
over look to governments as a market for what they have to sell. You can find
out what governments are looking for by visiting Bidline
<http://www.bidline.com/> ( http://www.bidline.com/ ). This site has a
searchable database of bid notices from governments all over the world. For a
fee of $19.95 a month, you can search by industrial category (research &
development, education & training, modification of equipment, etc.) and type of
government (federal, state, local, or international). Your search results have
all the information you need, from phone numbers and e-mail addresses, to a
summary of the job, to original government text about the job. It's a great way
to get in the door of the government market.
If you want more trade leads for the public and private sectors, go to the FITA
Trading Hub <http://www.fita.org/tradehub.html> (
http://www.fita.org/tradehub.html ). Scroll down the page and you'll see links
to dozens of sites, some free and others fee-based, that will help you get
started.

WORLDWIDE MARKET INTELLIGENCE ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE
http://www.fita.org/marketplace/hktdc_mobile.html
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz184086>

If you want to succeed in your business, you have to stay ahead in today's
global business environment while on the move - quite literally. Today's
executive spends a lot of time travelling, valuable time that would it be
better spent keeping abreast of business developments. Time for instance, to
digest the latest intelligence on the particular market that concerns you and
your business.
To give you this specific information in a convenient, handy format,
tdctrade.com created a new Mobile Edition
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz184086>. While you still get the
invaluable information of tdctrade.com, you can get a personalized selection by
picking and choosing only the content you require and downloading it to your
PDA. Or you can use a wireless connection for real-time access to the site.
Either way will give you expert global market intelligence at hand - always.
Sign up for tdctrade.com Mobile Edition
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz184086> before November 14, 2003
and you can win a Mobile phone Travel Charger, just the thing for the today's
globe trotting executive. Or you may even win the lucky draw Grand Prize of a
round-trip Air Ticket to Hong Kong.

WILD WEATHER
http://www.wildweather.com

I've always been a weather junkie -- as a boy I measured rainfall and wind
velocity (there, I've admitted it), and knew all the names of the clouds. You
don't have to be a geek like me, though, to like Wild Weather
<http://www.wildweather.com> ( http://www.wildweather.com ). This site has
well-written articles on weather events and climate patterns, long-term
forecasts, insightful explanations of the causes behind the weather, and plenty
of games, videos, and pictures of weather-related matters to keep you busy for
hours.

TYZO
http://www.tyzo.com

Whether you're planning a vacation or a business trip, you can save money by
visiting Tyzo.com <http://www.tyzo.com/> ( http://www.tyzo.com ). This site has
lots of tips and ideas for getting the best deals on airfare, hotels, car
rentals, and other facets of your trip. You'll also find useful information
about currency conversion, international dialing codes, electricity
requirements, holidays around the world, and similar travel issues. Tyzo has
over 6,000 pages of information to help you research and plan your trip down to
the smallest detail.

We welcome our subscribers to publish this whole issue or articles from it. But
please note that all material is copyrighted by FITA and must be copied with
the following attribution:
"This is copied from the newsletter Really Useful Sites for International Trade
Professionals <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz184084>, a free,
bi-weekly email publication of FITA - The Federation of International Trade
Associations. Please feel free to subscribe to this newsletter at
http://fita.org/useful <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz184084>."

If you'd like to see all back issues of Really Useful Sites for International
Trade Professionals, the full list is at http://www.fita.org/useful/archives
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz184085>.

SEARCH BACK ISSUES OF REALLY USEFUL SITES FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE PROFESSIONALS
Use the search box below to search terms in all issues of this newsletter since
February 2001

Please feel free to pass this newsletter on to others.

Published by Federation of International Trade Associations
Copyright © 2003 Federation of International Trade Associations. All rights
reserved.

 <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz184071>

TELL A FRIEND --
http://fita.m.xtenit.com/friend.jsp?uid=327937&appid=240&j=10759

--------
Modify your preferences or unsubscribe here:

http://fita.m.xtenit.com/al.jsp?vk=fnk4tuVQ&address@hidden&an=240