guile-gtk-general

When trying guile-gnome I get "Unbound variable: <gboxed>"

From: dalanicolai
Subject: When trying guile-gnome I get "Unbound variable: <gboxed>"
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 08:50:09 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to get the "hello.scm" example from the guile gtk overview website to work. However unfortunately I got stuck because guile shows me the following error message:
```
ice-9/boot-9.scm:752:25: In procedure dispatch-exception:
Unbound variable: <gboxed>

In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   752:25  0 (dispatch-exception _ _ _)
```

Also, the documentation is not very clear to me and I would like to help to improve it either by adding pieces myself or providing feedback.

For example, the documentation says I should add certain paths to my GUILE_LOAD_PATH environment variable. But to have it available in Emacs, I am not sure if I should export it in my .bash_profile, or add some function (and which one exactly) to my ~/.guile file or maybe (my current solution) use `setenv` in my `init.el` file. Although I can search for information scattered all over the place, I would like to add a section (or at least a line about the `setenv` option) to the guile-gnome documentation.

Could you please inform me about some options or just the best way how to approach this?
And of course I am interested in how to solve the "Unbound variable: <gboxed>" issue.
Thank you