guile-gtk-general

Re: ffi.h not found

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: ffi.h not found
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:53:35 +0000

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> So it looks like there is some incantation which I missed when
> building g-wrap, to cause it to build and install ffi under
> /tmp/install/g-wrap-1.9.6.  Do you know what that might be?

Well I don't know what I did differently, but I just rebuilt my g-wrap
package again, using identical (I believe) source, and this time it
did install ffi.h and libffi.a.

So the problem has somewhat mysteriously vanished.

> Also, I would guess that the libs built by guile-gnome will end up
> wanting to link (indirectly) to libffi, won't they?  So doesn't that
> mean that libffi has to be installed in a more standard location than
> /tmp/install/g-wrap-1.9.6?

I'd still appreciate clarification on this point, out of interest.

Regards,
     Neil