guile-gtk-general

Re: Moved to gna.org | Do we make a new list?

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: Moved to gna.org | Do we make a new list?
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:23:32 +0200

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey all,
>
> We moved! I set up a project on gna.org. Seems to have worked out OK.
> The new home page is:
>
>   http://home.gna.org/guile-gnome/

Cool! The web page is less confusing now, since guile-gtk and
guile-gnome aren't mingled up.

> The docs are in CVS by necessity, but the primary form for editing them
> is via arch. They are in my archive as the guile-gnome-www category, and
> they'll reach the main archive soon.
>
> And there's a project page,
>
>   http://gna.org/project/guile-gnome/
>
> The arch archive is still in the same place. I feel no urgent need to
> move it, although it should probably move at some time.

Yeah, it should move, so we can get rid of the PQM and commit
directly. I'll take care of it this week.

> The only question is, should we continue to ARROGANTLY and LAZILY hog
> the current one? Should we pack our bags and go to another list? Or
> should we (horrors!) subscribe people that are on this list to a new
> list that we create?

IMO, it would make sense to start a new mailing list - guile-gtk and
guile-gnome are pretty different projects. We could then also use the
ML address for the new archive name.

Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden

Latein ist das humanoide Äquivalent zu Fortran.
   -- Alexander Bartolich in at.linux