guile-gtk-general

Re: Release?

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Release?
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 22:19:38 +0100

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 16:06 +0200, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Now that G-Wrap 1.9.0 is out, we could start releasing. I'd say we
> could release at least the glib module pretty soon (now?)...

I'd prefer to wait until everything that I used to have working works
again. I still get random problems caused by the g-wrap transition that
I'm fixing as we go along. I'd be OK with prereleases, but personally
I'm concentrated on making sure things work.

That said, we do need to impose a deadline, now that it's possible. If
I'm not satisfied with the state of things by Friday, I'm going to put
in a weekend of hacking instead of going away. Then at least by
sunday-monday, we can maybe cut some prerelease tarballs, and finally
release later next week. (We're targetting GNOME 2.6, no?)

It's been too long, let's not let our first impression be a bad
impression :P

Cheers,
--
Andy Wingo <address@hidden>