guile-gtk-general

uggly fonts problem

From: David Pirotte
Subject: uggly fonts problem
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:07:43 -0300

Hi everyone,

I had and solved some uggly font problem using gtk-1.2 apps (sylpheed
for example) by:

        1. adding the following line in my .bashrc

                GDK_USE_XFT=1

        2. changing the order of the font selection in XF86Config-4

        Section "Files"
                FontPath        "unix/:7100"                    # local font
server
                # if the local font server has problems, we can fall back on
these
                FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/CID"
                FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
                FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
                FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
                FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
                FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
                FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
        EndSection

        3. adding the following line in my .gtkrc file (and commenting any
other one)

        include
"/usr/alto/staff/david/.themes/colorstep-0.6/colorstep/Theme/gtk/gtkrc"

it's only after doing step 3 (and restarting X) that sylpheed started
to display 'correct' fonts, as specified in the gtkrc colorstep ...

but my application, written in guile-gtk, still uses enormous and
uggly fonts

as anybody had such problem?
thanks

david