Re: landed r7rs support

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: landed r7rs support
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 19:57:32 +0100

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> not an error to refer to it as such.  In any case, it does not seem to
> me that R7RS-large is similar to the other reports in the RnRS series.
> To me it is more similar in flavor to the SRFI process.

R7RS-large seems to me like an effort to build a foundation for mobility
between Schemes. An effort to build a higher level of consistency and
uniformity than what we have in SRFIs, so the system as a whole stays
easier to understand, but with a similar scope as SRFIs, so you can more
easily write substantial applications without resorting to
implementation specific libraries.

Best wishes,
Arne
--