Re: guile 3 update, halloween edition

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: guile 3 update, halloween edition
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 15:33:55 -0400

Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> writes:

> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> [...] There will be bijections
>> between a Guile's "throw" arguments and structured exceptions, mostly
>> inspired with what Julian did in the R6RS layer already.
>
> For the record, the bijection between R6RS conditions and Guile's throw
> arguments was my work, not Julian's.  See:
>

> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/commit/?id=02500d44775a77e46febfd47a0dab8233b0c99d0

I should clarify that it's not a bijection in the strict mathematical
sense of the word, and it's not obvious to me how to define an efficient
bijection here.  I assumed that you were using the term loosely to
describe an approximate bijection in non-pathological cases, but perhaps
I misunderstood.  If you think you have a true bijection that can be
efficiently implemented, I'd like to hear the details.  Anyway, prior to
the commit above, there was only a mapping in one direction, so nothing
even remotely close to a bijection.

      Thanks,
        Mark