Re: conflicts in the gnu project now affect guile

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: conflicts in the gnu project now affect guile
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 14:31:08 +0800

hi Andy, I think Mark has explained something, I hope you can rethink about it calmly. It seems a misunderstanding.

A decade ago I came to Guile community, and I've learned many things from the people here. Andy, Mark, and Ludo are the people I really respect.
However, someday if they start to blame each other, what can I do now?
No one can keep a very good relationship after so many years of cooperation. Obviously, in a cooperation relationship, there're always compromises and misunderstandings.

I think I can understand why many people dislike RMS. When I become a GNU maintainer and start the first conversation, I realized RMS is not so easy to talk.
IIRC, when I first time to contact RMS with mails, at least the first 20 private emails are quarrels. ;-)
However, I still find a way to work with him, because I think his paranoia is the essential factor to push free software so far.

So if anyone dislikes RMS because of that, I fully understand you and I don't think you have to endure. You may find your way out.
But I don't think the moral concerns and personal life should affect a technical community. We're different people from different cultures.
Please let me remind that LGBT was considered immoral previously. Let's be more diversity.

I gradually realized that people blame RMS recently is not because of his misinterpreted comments, it's trivial, just an excuse. I think some people just can't endure RMS, that's the essential reason. I don't know, I'm not sure any new leader of GNU was elected, whether she/he will be still blamed like this, after all, no one is perfect.

To my understanding, Guile is very important for GNU operating system. And we've helped to push it so far till today. Are we doing it wrong?
If Guile quit GNU, then what's its position? IMHO, Guile is on a very good track these years. If Guile quit GNU, is it competitive enough to other Scheme implementation?

I'm the kind of pragmatism people. I hope you can think about it carefully.
After all, the decision includes all our efforts for many years.

But anyway, any of you will not lose my respect. Because I don't think anyone is wrong here, you just try to insist on your faith kindly.

Best regards.