Re: Should we distribute libltdl?

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Should we distribute libltdl?
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 18:41:48 +0100

Bruce Korb <address@hidden> writes:

> Since you are not proposing to fail the configure and leave no clues,

Yes, good documentation is of course needed.  Right now, Guile fails with

    configure: error: libltdl not found.  See README.

And the README says:

    Required External Packages ========================================

    Guile requires the following external packages:

      - GNU MP, at least version 4.1

        GNU MP is used for bignum arithmetic.  It is available from
        http://swox.com/gmp

      - libltdl from libtool, at least from libtool version 1.5.6

        libltdl is used for loading extensions at run-time.  It is
        available from http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/

> in the end I am okay with whatever you want to do :).

Ok! :)