Re: Reader bug in 1.7

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: Reader bug in 1.7
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:04:57 -0500

Roland Orre <address@hidden> writes:

> A uniform vector of type double is read as a vector.
>
> guile-user> (array-prototype #i(1 2 3 4))
> ()
> guile-user> (array-prototype #s(1 2 3 4))
> 1.0
>
> I'm mostly using 1.7 now (I'm in research, not production) but I hadn't
> noticed this until now because most often I'm using float vectors. I
> found it when testing one of my uniform vector routines.

This is most likely caused by using older versions of libguile.h and
the other Guile includes when compiling your routines.  The mismatch
in binary type identifier between object file and Guile library causes
the effect above.

When I do the above in my 1.7 I, correctly, get:

guile> (array-prototype #i(1 2 3 4))
1/3
guile> (array-prototype #s(1 2 3 4))
1.0