Re: Unrecognized \ sequences and Elisp

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Unrecognized \ sequences and Elisp
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 23:06:07 +0100

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> In the absence of any responses, I've committed this change:
>
>       * read.c (scm_read_opts): New opts `elisp-vectors' and
>       `escaped-parens'.

What about having 'elisp-strings' instead escaped-parens?
Escaped-parens seems very, very specific to me but still its only use
is to allow the reading of elisp strings.

In the long run, I think we should have a configurable reader, much
like Common Lisp specifies it.

> Because it is declared with SCM_API, I've taken care, and introduced a
> slight extra complexity, to preserve the interface of scm_lreadparen.
> Is this really necessary?

It is a good thing to do, but i this case, not strictly necessary, I'd
say.  You could also have renamed scm_lreadparen to scm_i_lreadparen
(or made it static, maybe) and thus removed it from the public
interface of libguile.