Re: What is Guile?

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: What is Guile?
Date: 08 Sep 2003 00:00:51 +0200

Ricard Mira <address@hidden> writes:

> So my strategy would be to prepare something like a domain
> dictionary (which is a part of domain analysis) but integrated into
> the documentation (to avoid wasted work).  We could achieve that by
> improving the definitions of important things, starting with the
> definition of Guile itself.

I have the feeling that this strategy will not work out very well for
a volunteer project.  I think it is too easy to get stuck half way
thru and end up with a 'head without body'.

Of course, I don't want to discourage you or others from improving the
documentation, far from it.  But I'm wary of undertakings that take a
large amount of dedicated work until they turn up profits.

So, what I'm saying is that we should only really discuss complete
changes to the documentation, where we can decide whether they are an
immediate improvement or not.  Changes that only promise improvements
later on but are (arguably) a step back in their current form (since
they leave holes that weren't there previously) should not be made.

The current "What is Guile" node is OK in this light, I'd say.