delete-file ??

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: delete-file ??
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 09:33:01 -0700

Hi,

Programming successfully is a task involving keeping track of
a myriad of minutia and fitting all the little pieces together.
Anything that reduces the amount of information that one needs
to track is a good thing.  The Guile library supports POSIX
calls with POSIX-ly named functions.  Excellent.  I only need
to learn one set of names and figure out some mostly obvious
permutations to use the Guile function for the POSIX call.
So, despite the fact that "delete-file" is far more obvious
than "unlink", the rename increases the complexity of my
programming life.  I had to find "delete-file" by grepping
the source for "unlink *\(".  Ick.  Please consider adding
"unlink" and any other POSIX calls that got renamed.
Thanks.