TODO created

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: TODO created
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 03:14:06 -0700

folks,

fyi, top-level file TODO is the new place where we record todo items.
i've merged in (and consequently deleted) devel/tasks.text.  there is
still a devel/TODO that someone should take a look at, merge and then
also delete...  actually, the whole devel subdir seems to be in somewhat
of a sporadic decline.  perhaps its tasty bits can be melded into the
user manual and clearly marked as "musings", "thoughts", "work in
progress", etc.

most of the TODO items were directly imported from RELEASE, which is now
reserved for release-version agnostic process and related info (e.g.,
platform testing volunteers).  whereas TODO is distributed, omitting
RELEASE from distribution is fine.

i think a good protocol would be when items are concluded in TODO, for
them to remain there, but marked "done".  they can be removed right
before release.  this way we have some record of progress (which would
be amenable to publishing on a webpage, for example).

yes, yes, i invoked that mangler jargon "progress".  sorry sorry!

thi