grub-devel

Re: Grub dd?

From: Endres
Subject: Re: Grub dd?
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 11:23:45 +0100

Hi,

could mean a possible security vulnerability. In case there are no other
boot devices available, as well as no custom kernel options allowed in
the boot line, dd still would offer to dump data from devices.

So, I am not sure if that is something that grub should be able to do.
At least I would recommend to add it as a "default-off" feature.

Cheers,
Endres