grub-devel

Re: Network stack status & bugs?

From: Daniel Kiper
Subject: Re: Network stack status & bugs?
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 15:53:41 +0100

Hey Faidon,

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 11:04:37PM +0200, Faidon Liambotis wrote:
> Hey Daniel & team,
>
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 03:34:20AM +0200, Faidon Liambotis wrote:

> > > May I ask you to retest the latest upstream version from git master? I
> > > think
> > > we should fix at least some of theses issues for upcoming 2.06 release.
> >
> > I can confirm that all three of those bugs are still present in current
> > tip (2df291226). Happy to help test any patches!
>
> Bumping this wondering if there are any news or plans at this point :) I
> watched Michał Żygowski's presentation last week at the GRUB mini-summit
> with interest, and noticed your comments there as well -- possibly
> referring to some of these bugs above?

Yeah, I was going to reply to your email a few days ago but simply
forgot about it. Sorry about that. Anyway, we glanced through the bugs
and all of them require too much changes to be done before 2.06 release
(we are at freeze right now). However, I hope that we will be able to
fix at least some of them after the release. If you know somebody who
may help with this work that would be perfect.

Daniel