grub-devel

Add MD5 support

From: Samir Aguiar
Subject: Add MD5 support
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 22:12:55 -0300

Hi all,

We need support for MD5 passwords - which were used in grub legacy - so
we can update to 2.x. Basically we can't migrate existing installations
since it's one-way hashing and so on.

I will start working on it, but I would like to ask you two things first:
(1) Is it something that could be merged upstream?
(2) Would you have any advice to give on this? Maybe someone already
started working on it or there are some gotchas to be aware of.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Samir Aguiar