grub-devel

From: Nando Eva
Subject: Loading DSDT table using 'acpi' or some memory write command?
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 16:00:39 +0000 (UTC)

Hi grub-devel,

I'm endeavouring to pre-load a modified DSDT table using grub2. The syntax I've tried being as shown below, after which I chainload to Win10. This being done on a Dell E6540 with Win10 and grub 2.02 (or older.. tried many versions, same result).

acpi /efi/dsdt.aml
acpi --load-table dsdt /efi/dsdt.aml
chainloader /efi/Boot/bootx64.efi

Then I do 'acpidump -b' to peruse the DSDT table. In all cases, it remains the same system BIOS one, not my modified /efi/dsdt.aml one.

I've also set 'set debug=all' and can see grub2 is reading my modified dsdt file and doing memory writes.

So two questions:

1. Is 'acpi' not capable of loading a DSDT table for use with Win10?

2. if that is the case, is there some 'memload' or 'writefromfile' type command where I give a memory address and a file which grub2 can then write? The idea is simply to replace the existing DSDT at it's address with one given by the file of same size or smaller.

Thank you,
Nando