grub-devel

Re: Grub module to return partuuid of a device such as (hd0, gpt1) at bo

From: Nick Vinson
Subject: Re: Grub module to return partuuid of a device such as (hd0, gpt1) at boot time
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 20:47:30 -0700

On 08/14/2016 07:58 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> I think yours is in Linux user space while mine is grub boot time. I
> sent a second concept patch based on feedback and suggestions for a
> small change to grub probe command to set environment variable to guid
> of partition. Gpt partition guid is array of 16 uchar which is a bother.
> Do you access it directly too?

Yes I read that from the disk as well.  If you want to see my approach,
it's in the probe_partuuid() function (see:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2016-08/msg00019.html)

There's also an older version of this patch set that I submitted back in
June.  You may find the review comments helpful.  The link to the
comments are:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2016-07/msg00043.html

Thanks,
Nicholas Vinson