grub-devel

Re: [Xen-devel] Uniform commands for booting xen

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Uniform commands for booting xen
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 19:58:10 +0300

12.11.2015 18:44, Jan Beulich пишет:
On 12.11.15 at 14:41, <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello, all. I'd like to have set of commands that would boot xen on all
platforms. I thought of following set:

xen_hypervisor FILE XEN_OPTIONS
xen_kernel FILE KERNEL_OPTIONS
xen_initrd INITRD INITRD INITRD
all initrds are concatenated.
xen_xsm ???

xen_ucode (and we might add more going forward). I don't see
why the multiboot mechanism (kernel plus any number of modules)
can't be used, without adding any Xen-specific directives.

Loader commands traditionally reflected underlying protocol. Using multiboot command in this case would be confusing as this is not multiboot. But I agree that it is becoming ridiculous. Probably

xen_kernel
xen_module

would be enough.

Jan

On arm64 it would use the arm64 xen FDT protocol but on x86 should we
use multiboot2 if multiboot2 header is present and multiboot otherwise?
Or do xen devs have other preferences?