grub-devel

Re: passing options to grub in xen,openfirmware and efi

From: Michael Chang
Subject: Re: passing options to grub in xen,openfirmware and efi
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 18:44:49 +0800

> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 5:59 PM, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On 07.05.2015 16:54, Olaf Hering wrote:
>>> On Thu, May 07, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:

> The way pv-grub2 is built by distributions now is grub-mkstandalone
> with grub.cfg that search several predefined directories for "real"
> guest grub.cfg. Passing its location as boot argument would make it
> possible to remove these harcdoded locations.

Just want to make the description more clear. We seen that pvgrub2 as
a drop-in replacement for pvgrub. And pvgrub allows you specify config
to load in domU.cfg while we found that it's not possible for pvgrub2.

eg.
kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/pv-grub-x86_32.gz"
extra = "(hd0,0)/grub/menu.lst"

Thanks,
Michael