grub-devel

grub-extras/lua: fs->label in grub.enum_device

From: Fajar A. Nugraha
Subject: grub-extras/lua: fs->label in grub.enum_device
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 15:41:38 +0700

Hi,

Is this the right place to ask about possible enhancement to grub-lua?

I'm looking to modify osdetect.lua with the ability to boot
ubuntu-on-zfs setup. Most of the needed capabilities are already
there. However I can't find how to get pool name from a device. Grub
is already able to detect the pool name as label, and it shows up
correctly when I use "probe -l". Would you be open to modifying
grub_lib.c so that grub.enum_device will also pass fs label to the
callback function (currently it pass device, fs, and uuid)?

Or alternatively, in case I missed something obvious, is there a way
capture the output of "probe -l" and use it on lua? grub.run only
returns error code and error message.

--
Fajar