grub-devel

Re: Image scaling performance

From: Leif Lindholm
Subject: Re: Image scaling performance
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 15:45:40 +0000

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 11:00:41AM +0100, Michael Zimmermann wrote:
> the function seems to use __aeabi_uidiv. I'm not sure if this is a sw
> or hw implementation.
> Full code:
> ASM: http://pastebin.com/FnPRZt1H
> pseudo-C: http://pastebin.com/dH3YBk46

> >> Some technical info:
> >> ARMv7
> >> Linaro GCC 4.9

I don't see any calls to any of the __aeabi helpers generated for this
file with current head. Which specific Linaro toolchain are you using?
(mine is"Linaro GCC 4.9-2014.09").

Also, scale_nn gets inlined into grub_video_bitmap_scale for me.

(Just trying to understand what is causing the difference.)

/
    Leif