grub-devel

GRUB2 status with clang

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: GRUB2 status with clang
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 02:04:50 +0100

Hello, all. I've had problems with installing cross-compilers from
emdebian and I tried out as alternative to cross-compile GRUB2 with
clang. It mostly worked and I added the missing fixes to complete it.
Now it's possible to compile all ports except ia64 ones (clang has no
ia64 support) with clang.
Integrated assembler in clang, on the other hand isn't good enough to
use with GRUB on many ports. Directory asm-tests contains tests and
details for these failures. configure scripts adds options necessarry
for asm to work. In most cases it's -no-integrated-as which reverts to gas.
clang support is still experimental though but may be useful for
additional diagnostics and cross-compiler situations