grub-devel

Re: test command and signature checks

From: Jonathan McCune
Subject: Re: test command and signature checks
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 06:17:42 -0800

On Jan 29, 2015 1:19 AM, "Andrei Borzenkov" <address@hidden> wrote:

> What sematic of file tests should be? I think they should just test
> file existence; this already happens for compressed files that checks
> that on-disk file size, not uncompressed. I think same should apply to
> signature checks.

Where the alternative is that an existence check will only succeed if a file has a corresponding (and verifiable) .sig?

I think existence-only is the right semantics because verify_detached can be used to achieve the signature-check in a standalone fashion.

(I.e., the existing behavior of test and verify_detached seems correct to me.)