grub-devel

Important EHCI bugfix (Re: grub-2.02~beta1 happened)

From: Aleš Nesrsta
Subject: Important EHCI bugfix (Re: grub-2.02~beta1 happened)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 20:59:44 +0100

Hi Vladimir,

it would be fine if the bugfix, posted by me in ML thread "EHCI/USBMS
corrections" (12/16/2013), will be included in the final release. It
solves serious bug.

I tested it on four different PCs - it is working fine, I saw no
negative results, and it helps on PCs where the problem, described in
"flash drive timing out, can't boot vmlinuz/initrd (coreboot payload)",
appeared.

Would be nice if the initial reporter "The Gluglug" will do test of this
patch. Do you know him? Could you arrange such test with him? I don't
see any further reaction from his side in ML thread "flash drive timing
out, can't boot vmlinuz/initrd (coreboot payload)".

BR,
Ales