grub-devel

RE: Adam7 and narrow PNG

From: Melki Christian (consultant)
Subject: RE: Adam7 and narrow PNG
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 06:57:56 +0000

Limited usefullness. I've used a lot of PNG's in GRUB lately and can't think of
a reason why I would use either.
Maybe paletted 8-bit (if-that’s what you meant?) to save space.. but adam7?
It's still going to be loaded as a bitmap.
If I had some web png's and was to lazy to pass them through a converter...
That beeing said, the work is done and unless it adds rediculous ammount of
code size or execution time I'd be fine with the support.