grub-devel

Re: ARM how-to?

From: Francesco Lavra
Subject: Re: ARM how-to?
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 15:48:18 +0200

On 07/21/2013 10:57 AM, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
> В Thu, 18 Jul 2013 18:47:11 +0100
> Leif Lindholm <address@hidden> пишет:
>
>> On 18 July 2013 17:58, Andrey Borzenkov <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Could someone provide simple steps how to actually use ARM port? As I
>>> understand core.img need to be installed as payload for native
>>> bootloader, right? Is it supported by grub-install or needs manual
>>> intervention?
>>
>> If you are using the u-boot port, you need to manually tell u-boot
>> where to find and load the image.
>>
>> There is a little bit of documentation on the Linaro wiki:
>> https://wiki.linaro.org/LEG/Engineering/Kernel/GRUB
>> https://wiki.linaro.org/LEG/Engineering/Kernel/GRUBonUBOOT
>>

> Does restriction about non-relocatable core.img still apply?

Yes.

Please note that to have support for device tree working correctly you
may need to replace the file grub-core/lib/fdt.c in the ARM branch with
the file I sent to the list on April 7th (see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2013-04/msg00086.html).
The patch I posted earlier today is needed too.

Regards,
Francesco